FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I pay for my booking?
You can pay for your booking online via a Visa or Mastercard.
2. Do you have WiFi?
Guests will find WiFi in our lobby area, restaurants and beach bar - WiFi is NOT available in the rooms.
The Paradise Koh Yao is meant as a retreat, a place to escape a busy and often hectic life. We recognize that many people simply must "stay connected" even while on holiday. And of course, many of our guests just want to stay in touch with friends and family back home.
3. Can my children stay in the room?
- First child up to 12 years in existing bedding at THB 400 incl american breakfast (Superior Studio/Jacuzzi Studio/ Jacuzzi Deluxe Studio/ Villa)
- Second child up to 12 years in Sofa Bed at THB 600 incl. american breakfast (Superior Studio/ Jacuzzi Studio/ Jacuzzi Deluxe Studio only)
4. Are babysitting services available?
Yes, babysitting services are available at the resort upon request. Please contact the front desk.
4. What are the check-in and check-out times?
The check-in time is 14.00 hours and the check-out time is 12:00 hours. We will of course do our best to have a room available for you whenever you arrive. However, this cannot be guaranteed as it is subject to the occupancy level from the previous night. If you are planning to arrive early then you may wish to book your room from the night before. If you are departing late, special rates are available for late check out.
5. Do you charge for cancellations?
Paradise Koh Yao has a cancellation policy which we advise you to read when you make your online booking. You must acknowledge reading the policy before you can book online.
6. When is a good time to visit Phuket?
Phuket is a year-round destination with little change of temperature. However, as Thailand is a tropical country, at certain times of the year, there is a heavier rainfall than at others. Phuket normally has more rainfall from April through September. The winter season, from about November through March, is generally noticeably less humid.
7. What is the currency in Thailand?
The currency in Thailand is Thai Baht. There are currency exchange facilities in all the banks. Orchidacea also provides currency exchange services 24 hours a day at our front desk.
8. How do I get from the airport to the resort?
Truly the best option is our transfer service. After a long flight, it is wonderful not to have to worry about finding a taxi or finding the resort. We pick-up guest at the airport, bring them to Yacht Haven Marina (not far from Phuket International Airport), and then our speedboat will bring you right to the resort.
There are also public transfer options.
9. What different types of room are available?
A range of room options with different price ranges are available at Paradise Koh Yao. For details on the room types available and the features which they offer, please click here
10. Are medical services available at the hotel?
Paradise Koh Yao has a doctor on 24 hour call. First aid kits are also available.
11. What voltage do you use in Thailand?
The voltage in Thailand is 220 volts. If you are coming from America then you will need to use a transformer to operate certain electrical appliances.
12. Do you have satellite television and in-house movies available?
All hotels offer a range of local and international news and entertainment channels.
13. What is the VAT refund system in Thailand?
The current level of VAT in Thailand is 7%. The government has introduced a VAT refund system for tourists. Full details can be obtained from participating shops.
14. How many additional beds can you have in one room?
Most rooms can accommodate only one additional sofa bed.
15. Do you have any special packages for honeymoons and anniversaries?
Yes, a range of packages are available. Please click here
16. What is your policy with regard to pets?
We are sorry to say that we can not accept your pets on the premises.
17. What credit cards do you accept?
- Online, we can accept Mastercard and Visa.
- At the hotel, we can accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express